Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Goose Girl

Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful  princess. 
One day her mother the queen told her that she had fixed her marrige with a prince.
The queen said " The son of our friend King of shazam is a wonderful prince you will be happy with him, you must leave for shazam immedently to meet the King and the prince, take your maid with
you and this handkerchief, anytime, you feel confused keep it close to your heart and you will know 
what to do". The princess replied "Yes, mother". The princess set forth for her journey with her maid.
But on the way, the maid changed her behaviour entirely. The maid said "I refuse to serve you anymore, now onward you will be my maid and I will be the princess, and if you tell anyone you will be cursed give me your clothes and possessions right now"! The princess was gentle hearted and so she agreed. As tears rolled down her cheeks. She wiped them with her mother's kercheif. Suddenly, it spoke to her. It said "If the queen were to know of the maid's behaviour she would be heart broken". Hence, the princess decided never to tell anyone about her true identity and went along as a maid to shazam. When they reached shazam the real maid decided to get rid of the real princess. The real maid said "I do not need my maid anymore you can assign her some other job". The minister assigned the real princess to work on a geese farm with a man named Curdken. It was her job to take care of the geese. The real princess learned everything about her job and became a very good goose girl. One day Curdken and the princess got into a fight and Curdken went to complain about her to the King. He said "I do not wish to keep the goose girl, she is horrible and strange things happen around her all the time. The kind replied is that so let me investigate this myself". The king started following the princess. He noticed that she was a sincere and sweet girl and there was nothing wrong with her. He also thought there was extreme sadness about her so he decided to talk to her. The king said "Dear girl, is there a secret close to your heart"? She replied "Yes, your majesty there is but alas I cannot share it to anyone because no one should know about it". The king replied back "Why don't you tell it to the big boulder over there it can't tell anyone anything". The girl agreed and told the boulder everything. But she didn't know that the king was hiding behind the boulder and heard everything! The next day the king went to the court and summoned the maid and told her the story of the princess and the maid and asked her.  The king said "What a punishmment would be fit for such a maid"? The maid didn't realise that it was her own story and came up with the hardest punishment. The maid replied "Such a person should be flogged and sent away from the kingdom forever, your majesty". The king replied back "Correct guards take this imposter away she has been living amongest us as a princess while the real princess has been toiling as a goose girl, flog this liar and banish her from the kingdom"! That night the king threw a gala ball and celebrated the real princess as his son's wife to be. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Krystallynna. It's great to see you being active with your blogging during the holidays.I did find it a little hard to read your story as it goes across the page.
    Is there any chance you could fix it so I can read it and then I can comment about it?.I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Cassidy, sorry about my writing I didn't know it was across the page. But now I fixed it for you to read. Hope you enjoy my writing bye!

      Delete
  2. Thank you. I will read it tomorrow and comment.Have a wonderful night and thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Mrs Cassidy. And have a wonderful night. Have a great sleep! Bye

      Delete